Sven Alkalaj, bosanskohercegovački političar, bivši Ministar vanjskih poslova Bosne i Hercegovine.
Rođen je 11. novembra 1948. godine u Sarajevu i jevrejskog (sefardskog) je porijekla. On je ujedno i jedini član Vijeća Ministara BiH iz reda ostalih. Obavljao je dužnost ambasadora Bosne i Hercegovine u Washingtonu, SAD, u periodu od 1994. do 2000. godine. Od 2004. do 2007. godine je ambasador BiH u Kraljevini Belgiji. Član je Stranke za Bosnu i Hercegovinu.
Aktivno govori engleski i francuski jezik i otac je dvoje djece.
Sven Alkalaj (born November 11, 1948) is a Bosnian diplomat who is the current Executive Secretary of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe. Alkalaj, who is Bosnian Croat with Sephardic origin, is one of the most prominent Bosnian Jews. He is a member of the Party for Bosnia and Herzegovina led by Haris Silajdžić.
Alkalaj has been exposed to harsh criticism and requests for his resignation after it was published that Alkalaj received Croatian citizenship after declaring himself as Croat, Bosnian media reported. On April 2, 2010, during a visit to Dublin for a meeting with the Irish foreign affairs minister Micheál Martin, Alkalaj declared to the press that Serbia should hand over Ratko Mladić to the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia.
- 2004 – 2007: Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Bosnia and Herzegovina to the Kingdom of Belgium and Head of Mission of Bosnia and Herzegovina to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization in Brussels.
- 2000 – 2004: Ambassador of Bosnia and Herzegovina to the Organization of American States and Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Bosnia and Herzegovina to the United States of America in Washington DC.
- 1993 – 2000: Ambassador of Bosnia and Herzegovina to the United States
- 1988 – 1994: Managing Director of Energoinvest in Bangkok, Thailand.
- 1985 – 1988: Regional Manager for Middle and Far East Energoinvest in Sarajevo.
- 1975 – 1985: Commercial Manager of Petrolinvest in Sarajevo.